Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- Today we celebrate #WhaleSharkDay! Read about new measures to protect these gentle giants>> ow.ly/1Bw2303IGUR https://t.co/w6wP3MTotr 49 minutes ago
- The Hawaiian monk seal is protected at the Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument! ow.ly/wcQE303H0Y6 https://t.co/mvMyNk2weQ 15 hours ago
- We applaud the expansion of Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument by @POTUS! More here>> ow.ly/wcQE303H0Y6 https://t.co/CGl4e2Wtjc 19 hours ago
- "The octobot has no rigid parts in its gummy body. Instead, chemicals course through its veins to give it power." twitter.com/NYTScience/sta… 21 hours ago
- We're highlighting puffers this week! DYK? Puffers have teeth to help them eat shelled species, like crustaceans. https://t.co/C6ah9fcWwT 1 day ago