What comes after Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Giving Tuesday – a day dedicated to supporting your favorite nonprofit organizations!
National Aquarium is a nonprofit organization with one mission: to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures. In addition to giving visitors from around the world the opportunity to get up close and personal with more than 17,000 animals, we live our mission everyday through animal rescue, conservation and education.
Our impact last year, by the numbers:
- We welcomed over 1.3 million visitors
- Our volunteers contributed 119,648 service hours
- Our conservation team planted 146,273 native plants and
restored 7.9 acres of local habitat
- Our animal rescue team cared for 28 animals (Including a green sea turtle that became the program’s 100th release!)
- Our education programs reached 131,838 people
Everyday we are:
- Providing over 17,000 animals the highest quality of care around
- Monitoring 4,360 miles of coastline for stranded/injured animals
- Finding new ways to reduce our impact on the environment!
This Giving Tuesday, we hope you’ll support the National Aquarium and our mission!