Join us on April 19-20 for our weekend-long Earth Day celebration!
Experts will teach guests how to celebrate Earth Day every day by bringing green practices into their daily lives, and will demonstrate how human action can positively or negatively impact the environment and animals like those in the care of the National Aquarium. In addition to fun interactive activities and educational workshops taking place throughout the Aquarium, our celebration will also include some eco-friendly DIY crafts!
Can’t wait until this weekend to make some fun crafts? Try creating this mosaic earth decoration:
What you will need:
- Recycled CD
- Piece of yarn (for hanging your creation)
- Glue Stick
- Blue, green, white and brown paper – use cut-outs from recycled magazines, tissue paper or construction paper
- Begin with the blue (for the ocean) – use the glue stick to make sections of the CD sticky where you want the “ocean”, then place the blue paper onto the glue. Overlap the edges. When the ocean is completed, repeat these steps with the green and brown for the “land”. Lastly, add a few of the white paper to represent clouds.
- Flip the completed earth over and trim the excess paper from around the edges.
- Fold the yarn into a loop and tape it to the back of your Earth for hanging.
- Hang it and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite DIY craft? Share it with us in the comments section!