Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- Put your plastic use into perspective with this quiz from @NYTScience! twitter.com/NYTScience/sta… 32 minutes ago
- Did you know? The spiny-tailed monitor uses its tail to wedge itself into tight crevices. #FactFriday https://t.co/Fn4EUhDypO 3 hours ago
- Baby Moray eels were bred for the first time in Austria in 2014! Scientists could finally study the hatchlings.… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 19 hours ago
- WOAH! #FunFact #InternationalSlothDay twitter.com/FieldMuseum/st… 23 hours ago
- A brief sloth history. #InternationalSlothDay huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/sea… 1 day ago