Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- The blue-crowned motmot is one of our Animals of the Week! This rain forest dweller actually nests in burrows they… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 10 hours ago
- RT @NatGeo: Watch: @natgeo explorer-in-residence Sylvia Earle met President Barack Obama at Midway Atoll in the Hawaiian Islands https://t.… 18 hours ago
- Good morning, Baltimore! (We wish it was this sunny today.) Photo by Instagram user beaulilie. https://t.co/Hy83YCeH91 19 hours ago
- We're inspired by the #flawless caiman >> boredpanda.com/caimain-butter… https://t.co/4cArLb5bqE 1 day ago
- Found on the East Coast, the Eastern box turtle is the state reptile of North Carolina AND Tennessee! #TurtleTuesday https://t.co/IoCuNcWoU8 1 day ago