Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- Did you know? Sea stars use sea water, not blood, to pump nutrients through their system. #AnimaloftheWeek ow.ly/uqzfi 2 hours ago
- He's SUCH a flirt. RT @Carol_Cole: My kissing #fish friend from the #Baltimore #aquarium #innerharbor http://t.co/aZgnLJJMwv 3 hours ago
- Meet our #AnimaloftheWeek, the sea star! Did you know? Sea stars digest their prey outside of their bodies! ow.ly/uqfWq 4 hours ago
- Calling all local green thumbs! Join our #Conservation team for a tree planting on April 5th: ow.ly/uqaBq 4 hours ago
- RT @OurOcean: One of the ocean's most widely mythologized creatures lights up in the dark and can be 28 feet long! ocean.ly/1lbYN1W v… 19 hours ago