As part of our mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, we are committed to developing the next generation of ocean conservationists, marine biologists and global communicators. Our college internship program offers students the unique opportunity to work hands on with our department teams behind the scenes, in the exhibits, out in the field and in our local community!
We have positions available in many of our departments, including:
- Graphic design
- Marine animal rescue
- Marine mammal training
- Animal programs
Interns have the opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge, gain valuable workplace experience and establish professional contacts.
It takes a village to keep our amazing Aquarium running smoothly – we offer internships year-round, applications for our Spring positions are due by November 1.
Want to know first-hand what interning at the Aquarium is all about?
Read our three-part series “What It’s Like to Intern at the Aquarium“
Interns receive free parking during hours of work and a 30% discount at our cafe and gift shop. Interns that are certified divers are eligible for a SCUBA dive in one of our exhibits. Students must be able to receive college credit for their work at the Aquarium; internships are unpaid. Students must also be enrolled at a two or four year institution and be able to work a minimum of 120 hours throughout the semester.
Again, applications for our Spring positions are due by November 1. Apply now!
How to apply:
1. Download the Internship Application (PDF)
2. Attach brief responses to the three statements listed on the bottom of the application.
3. Enclose a resume with two references listed.
4. Enclose a transcript or have the school’s registrar send one to the address below. It does not have to be an official copy.
5. Check the full position description for any additional requirements. For example, some positions require a writing sample.
6. Mail to:
National Aquarium – Internships
501 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
If you have any questions about applying our about our internships, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 576-3888