Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- Water defines our world. #48DaysofBlue http://t.co/c74kTyKqSH 10 hours ago
- The ocean's extraordinary camouflager. (via @nytimes) ow.ly/w8oJl 11 hours ago
- Only 2.5% of our planet's water is freshwater. Less than 1% of it is accessible. Let's use it wisely: ow.ly/w8dGI #48DaysofBlue 12 hours ago
- RT @StateMaryland: Are you looking for a way to keep that #EarthDay high? Join @NatlAquarium for #48DaysOfBlue and take the pledge! http://… 14 hours ago
- DYK? A staggering 97.5 percent of our planet's water is saltwater. Only 2.5 percet is freshwater. ow.ly/w7Nbu #48DaysofBlue 15 hours ago