Resolve to make a difference in 2009. Your daily activities and habits have a tremendous impact on the environment. In the new year, make a resolution to enjoy, protect, and respect our aquatic world. Thoughtful choices today can improve the health of the environment and without drastically changing your lifestyle. Use one less plastic bag. Reduce, reuse and recycle. Volunteer during a field clean-up. Carpool. Together, let’s ensure peace and prosperity for all creatures on our blue planet for years to come. Here are nine simple actions to get you started.
- Putting freshwater in focus: ow.ly/w7By8 #48DaysofBlue #ThoughtfulThursday http://t.co/OaB6Ab2RAx 1 hour ago
- ICYMI: Check out this incredible photo from the underwater viewing area of #BlacktipReef! ow.ly/w7vyH 1 hour ago
- RT @LauraBankey: How will you celebrate National Park Week? The @NatlAquarium will be cleaning up a National Park on Sat. @NPCA http://t.co… 2 hours ago
- “For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), It’s always our self we find in the sea.” – e.e. Cummings ow.ly/w678N 16 hours ago
- Did you know? The amount of energy required to make 12 plastic bags could drive a car for a mile. ow.ly/w5Kzk #48DaysofBlue 19 hours ago